I was messing about the other day with some ingredients, and managed to make this quite delicious Coconut, Lentil Curry quite by accident..
I am writing it down, so that a) I do not forget it, and b) I can share it with you :
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 Tin of Coconut Milk
1 packet of Coconut block
1 x Tin of tomatoes or small packet of Passata
2 x Sweet Potatoes
1 x Onion
2 x gloves of Garlic
Water to Mix with the Coconut Block (depending on how thick you like your coconut milk, so adjust accordingly)
1 1/2 cups of Red Lentils
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon of grated turmeric (In Cambridge I can buy this whole from Mill Road)
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
1 tablespoon of dried corriander
Sea Salt + Garlic Pepper to taste.
1. Sauté the onion and garlic in coconut oil until soft.
2. Peel and chop up the sweet potatoes, set aside.
3. Grate the turmeric and ginger. Add all the herbs into the pot on a low heat.
4. Add the tin of tomatoes, tin of coconut milk to the pot, stir until it starts to warm up gently.
5. Add the sweet potato and red lentils to the pot. Stir everything together and leave to simmer for 5-10 mins.
6. Meanwhile boil the water and add to the coconut block. Stir to make the block into a milk that is of your choice of thickness. I chose to make a thicker creamier milk (So used the whole block) and added that to the pot.
7. I then put all the ingredients in a slow cooker on high for around an hour.