I have finally managed to source Kefir here in Cambridge (I am yet to have the courage to make it) ~ I have found it in both Revital and Arjuna (two local health shops) and Ocado online 🙂
I made two breakfasts this week using Kefir which were super yummy + quick!!! Something I definitely need as I am out by 5.50am and back at 7.20am usually starving!
Here is the first one:
In a small bowl I placed Chia Seeds into the Kefir + added Purple Corn Flour. When I got back in the morning, I topped with Bee Pollen + Cacao Nibs 🙂 So quick and easy.. and hugely filling!
Benefits of :
1. Chia Seeds = High Omega 3 fatty acid content; high quality protein; “chia” is the ancient Mayan word for “strength”; High amounts of Nutrients; Loaded with Antioxidants; They can help you lose weight 🙂
2. Kefir = Awesome for Gut health; digestion; Cleanses the intestines; Provides beneficial bacteria and yeast, vitamins and minerals, and complete proteins; Promote bowel movement; Helps to eliminate cravings 🙂
3. Purple Corn Flour = Firstly its purple… My fave colour 🙂 Contains high levels of plant nutrients (phytonutrients) ; High levels of Antioxidants; anti-inflammatory effect on the system; Promotes blood flow and reduce cholesterol; Lowers Blood Pressure;
Here is the second one:
This is a smoothie which I made in my Vitamix. It contains frozen banana, avocado, Kefir, Chia Seeds, CoYo Yoghurt, Acai Powder from my lovely delivery via @LifeBoxFoodCo. Once mixed in the Vitamix I sprinkled it with Bee Pollen again. I had quite a lot of mix left over so I placed in small bowls to freeze to make ice-cream! That was YUM!
1. Avacado = A Nutritional powerhouse containing healthy fats, protein, potassium (containing more per weight than bananas). In addition, avocados are rich in vitamin K, Vitamin B9, vitamin B6, vitamin B5 vitamin C, and vitamin E.
2. Acai Powder = High levels of Omega 3 Fatty acids; Rich in Antioxidants; helps to regenerate stem cells; contains amino acids, rich in vitamins (Vit E), calcium and phosphorous 🙂
3. Bee Pollen = I just love Bee Pollen sprinkled on anything.. aside from making any dish look pretty it contains proteins (approximately 40% protein), free amino acids, vitamins, including B-complex, + folic acid. It is meant to be helpful for ladies who have fertility issues as it stimulates and restores ovarian function. I will often suggest this to my clients who have addiction issues as it is known to inhibit cravings by suppressing impulses.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!